Fettuccine with Italian Sausage and Vegetables
Adapted from Real Simple
- ¾ lb fettuccine (white OR whole wheat)
- 1 lb Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 2-3 T Olive oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 3 cups match stick carrots
- 1 bunch green onions (greens only)
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
Brown sausage in a skillet; remove. Add olive oil and veggies to skillet; cook over med-hi heat for about 6 minutes. Add chicken broth and simmer until tender; 3-4 minutes. Toss with cooked fettuccine, nutmeg, sausage, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
P.S. Sorry no photos. These days I can barely find clean plates and forks to eat dinner from let alone photograph it!