Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spinach Garlic Toast

For all of you who are looking for new ideas using spinach. Try this. My kids love it. 
P.S. Only use 1/2 of the garlic...and don't be afraid to cut back on the butter.


True story of the day: My second-grade daughter was a lunch helper at school today. With that she earned a treat. I think it is great that she earned a reward for helping in the lunchroom. It was 2 cookies and a chocolate milk. So guess what she chose to eat for lunch? The "treat" or the home-packed turkey sandwich, cucumbers (which she typically loves), and grapes? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bugged. How would you feel about that situation?


Another P.S. She loves working in the lunchroom. The very act seems to be reward enough.
What do you put in your kid's lunchbox that they love (and is healthy?)

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Wow. Your daughter is a good helper in the school lunchroom. And, yes! I would be bugged a bit, too, by being rewarded with sweets! Particularly when you are trying so hard to make and feed your family healthy meals and enforcing healthy habits. Good luck.
My husband and son...since the girls are out on their own, take dinner leftovers for lunch the next day. In addition to that, my son takes milk a small orange juice, fruit (blueberries, raspberries, apple sauce, etc), raw peanuts and raisins and sometimes homemade cookies.

Nicole Garner McConkie said...

My kids love this toast too. Thanks for the recipe. Jane is super picky. She will eat boiled eggs, cheese, ham, crackers, apples, carrots. These are her top favorites.