I had another fun weekend trying some fun new recipes and using some good ole standbys.
* = new recipe
:) = recommended
:( = not recommended
Left-overs! Yipee. :) :) :)
Dinner Sunday night...
- No Knead Bread
- *Asiago Frisco = :) :) :)
- Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breasts = :) I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but you'll get the point.
- Tomato Basil Ziti
- *Dessert/Lemon Curd in Phyllo Tarts and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries = :) (If you don't have the Joy of Cooking, trust me you would love it!)
*Whole Wheat Oat pancakes = :) :) :)
Sushi with friends
Tuna casserole for kids. me = :) kids = :(
As promised, here is a favorite recipe. I adjusted this from a family fav that my kids call "Papa cakes." Every time we stay at my parent's house or cabin, my dad makes pancakes for my kids. They love them. I just tweaked the recipe to make them a bit more hearty.
Whole Wheat Oat Pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk or sour milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar, honey, or sugar
Makes about 24 pancakes. So we eat left-overs on Sunday morning! = :)
*Note: You can just omit the eggs. The baking powder, soda, and buttermilk make them raise just fine. I usually cook a batch without eggs for my little one, then add a couple of eggs for extra protein for the big kids.